Excel hyperlink massive problem

Reaction score
Hi all

Newbie here desperately hoping for a solution to my problem. I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track on my searches (I'm in recruitment) and I use a Hyperlink to link to the webpage that holds the information on that person (LinkedIn etc). Historically I have never had a problem with using CMDK and CMDV to copy the link over, then I type the persons name in the Display box. And this always works.

Except for now !!!!!!!!

I missed the CMDK step and just CMDV'd the link straight into the Cell, now I can't use the CMDK CMDV copy steps at all. It either :-

1. Will allow me to do CMDK, CMDV, then name in the display box - but it won't allow me to click OK or hit return, so sits there in limbo.

or

2. Won't allow me to do Jack. It won't CMDV into the LInk Box, you can't type anythning in,you can't use EDIT PASTE or anything.

I have shut the spreadsheet down. Nothing
I have shut EXCEL down. Nothing.
I have powered down and removed the power to the AIR and still NOTHING !!!

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!! *** can I do ? ?

It will now not allow me to use these commands in any EXCEL sheet including brand new ones.

Please, please, please can anyone help me ?>?????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.