download problems

Reaction score
:eek: I have a MacBook I have been downloading and once the item is done, the box disappears. I have the file in my computer, and can not find it to instal it. There is no icon at the bottom of my screen. I have searched through my files for the downloads file with no luck.
My question is, where oh where can my downloads be? lol
Any help would be much appreciated.
I am running mac OSX Snow Leopard

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which browser are you using? Browsers all have a preference option as to where you want the downloaded file to go. The default is usually your downloads folder, however, it appears you changed that so the file is going somewhere else.

Open your browser preferences and find out which folder you have selected for downloads and then see if the files are there.

C

chas_m

Your download is in the cunningly-named "Downloads" folder, which you will find in your User folder. I'd suggest that when you locate it, you should drag it to the right side of your Dock for easier access. The actual folder will remain where it should be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.