Trouble installing snow leopard after logic board replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2.3GHz dual core i5 processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB hard drive.
I have just had my logic board replaced on my macbook pro 13" (early 2011) after spill damage destroyed the last one. Now it seems i have no operating system on it. When i try to install snow leopard from the disk i got with the macbook it shuts down before the installation is complete. I have wiped my hard drive and performed repairs but still no joy. Do i need to purchase a retail copy of snow leopard or is there something else wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sound like a heat issue, are the fans working

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2.3GHz dual core i5 processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB hard drive.
Yea fans are working fine. I'm currently using it from internet recovery mode. The installation seems fine until right near the end of the process then it just gets a grey screen and shuts down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.