"Your computer restarted because of a problem."

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgRyO3u5pk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

this is the current state of my computer. I can reinstall OSX, but as soon as I reboot it always returns to this. I have tried:

repairing permissions
repairing the disks
reinstalling OSX over OSX
reinstalling a clean version of OSX
long Hardware Test and memory and all pass
reset PRAM
reset SMC

my system~
2012 MacBook Pro 2.3 quadcore 9,1
16 gb OWC memory, two 256 GB Samsung 830 SSD's via OWC`s data doubler
Passes Apple's Hardware Test

I installed the data doubler 2 months ago and have had no problems.

I will personally send you a postcard of thanks from Korea if you can help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As you've eliminated everything else I'd say you have to try it without the third party ram and then try without the data doubler.

You say you've had no problems but you continue to have problems.

If you've done a clean install it's not software. If you've run all the Apple hardware checks ok then it's unlikely to be stock hardware.

That leaves us with the added hardware . . . .

OP
P
Reaction score
ok! got out the old memory and will try that first before I remove the data doubler. thanx!

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks mrplow. As soon as I switched out the memory, it booted right up. Memory passed memtest–wish I'd thought to just switch it out sooner.

New problem:

The boot disk doesn't show up in the finder and applications are unstable.

I had a clean install of ML and this was happening so I put a backup of my old ML image back onto my boot SSD. It boots, but, I can't see the drive in finder. It shows up in disk utility, and I can search it, but it's not there. If I open applications they frequently just crash. Anything from lightroom to chrome. Is my SSD bad as well as the memory I got from OWC? How did both of these things happen at the same time?

I ran disk checks from disk utility btw.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.