Macbook HD issues

Reaction score
Hi, I desperatly need advise about my MAC.
I have a Macbook 2007 (200gb HD)- OSx 10.5.8 software

II tried to install Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.3 and it ended with an error. Tried to repair the HD in disk utility-says "invalid node structure"

Will not boot up at all-with no commands. Not safe mode, not options....nothing. I get a blinking folder with a question mark

If I put in the snow leopard CD I can get to disk utility from there. Thats all.

I purchased Disk Warrior and tried to use that today. All it does is turns on...chimes...goes grey and then turns off. Over and over.

If I push the option key on start up- I get the Disk Warrior symbol with the arrow and once I click it...it goes back to turining on and off.

I am so frustrated. Please help!

I have all my photos and videos on that HD I want to keep. My dumb mistake for not backing them up...I know!!

If I get an external drive and "image copy" my HD from Disk Utility- can I get to my Iphoto files? and then delete the HD somehow and fix the disk after that?

TIA :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears you have several problems going on at once. Your internal hard drive is likely corrupt since it's giving you an invalid node structure error. However, what I don't understand is what Disk Warrior is doing. If you boot your MacBook with the Disk Warrior CD it should give you a menu and list repair options.

It sounds like either the Disk Warrior CD is bad or your optical drive is defective. Try cleaning the drive with a can of compressed air. Blow a few short blasts into the drive opening and try again with Disk Warrior. The difficulty with doing repairs on a machine that old are problems begin occurring like dominoes going down.

OP
M
Reaction score
It appears you have several problems going on at once. Your internal hard drive is likely corrupt since it's giving you an invalid node structure error. However, what I don't understand is what Disk Warrior is doing. If you boot your MacBook with the Disk Warrior CD it should give you a menu and list repair options.

It sounds like either the Disk Warrior CD is bad or your optical drive is defective. Try cleaning the drive with a can of compressed air. Blow a few short blasts into the drive opening and try again with Disk Warrior. The difficulty with doing repairs on a machine that old are problems begin occurring like dominoes going down.

Thanks for the reply....
I'm gonna say the optical drive is okay..since I can load up the snow leopard disk without any issues.

I'm going to try the Disk Warrior cd in a different computer and see if I get the menu...that should atleast tell me if I'm dealing with a bad CD or not.

I really just want to get my photos and videos out if anyone can help with that, please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I really just want to get my photos and videos out if anyone can help with that, please!

First, you need to determine if that Disk Warrior CD is OK. If it is, it should be able to read the hard drive and possibly correct the error. However, I suspect your Disk Warrior CD is bad. Did you receive the CD from Disk Warrior or did you download Disk Warrior and burn the image to CD?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.