Backup file deleted from external HD but remain blocked in the bin, how I can get rid

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I am new from this forum, I need some help how can remove some backup file that I deleted in my external hard drive but it is blocked from the system and when I go in the file info the block line is not highlighter therefore I can't do nothing, I tryed all the information found in the web forum but not one of thos working (as Alt + delete, Cntrl + Delete,.....) what I shoud do to get rid of those files? :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure what you're doing or did from your post, but to remove a file from the Trash which has been deleted from an external hard drive, that same hard drive must be mounted. (Attached to your Mac and show up on the desktop.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.