Remove Mini Mac Info ?

Reaction score
Hi, I have had my mini Mac late 2012 model about two months its has been having issues So I have decided to return it while I can yet . Not sure maybe replace it with another or upgrade. To a Mac book ? My question is How and what should I do to remove any person info that was stored on the mini mac . It did ask like name email etc. on the set up But Im not sure how to get to things to clear them out Would like to do that before its returned

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd like to know how you're going to return it? Apple only accepts returns within the initial two week period of ownership.

OP
D
Reaction score
Purchased at BB 11/2/12 extra return time until xmas then 30 days from 12/25/12 to 1/25/13 no hassel refund 100% return Already checked on it just need to return it if Im not pleased .Just need to know how to delete any info I put on .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, just wondering... I guess Best Buy was extra generous this past Xmas.

Anyway, boot the machine and hold down the command + R keys. That will boot it to the Recovery partition. From there, go to Disk Utility. From Disk Utility, erase and format the drive. Do a three pass security erase to make sure your data is wiped. Then, return the machine to Best Buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.