safari images not showing

Reaction score
For the past couple weeks my safari isn't displaying any images although the embedded URL is still there. Chrome or Firefox displays OK.
I have seen several references to this happening to other people but either the solution recommended isn't applicable (older OS or safari) or i don't understand the reply!
Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Safari 6.0.2. on a macbook (Hard disk half full)

The "show Develop menu in menu bar" is not ticked.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you recently installed an Ad Blocker to Safari? If you have, click on the Safari menu at the top of your screen and select "Preferences". Then click on the "Extensions" tab. If you have an Ad Blocker installed, you can disable it from there.

OP
R
Reaction score
thank you chscag

I didn't remember installing any adblocker but removed all 4 extensions anyway.
Restarted machine then closed and opened Safari but still no images.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's odd. I can't imagine anything other than some kind of Ad Blocker or other extension which kills images and just leaves the URL in its place. The only other thing I can think that you may have possibly done inadvertently.....

Did you at one time invoke the option to show the Developer menu item? In the Developer menu options is a selection to turn off Web Images. Anyway, turn the Developer menu back on and see if that's selected. If it is, turn it off. Let me know...

OP
R
Reaction score
Brilliant and MANY THANKS chscag,
All is well again in my world LOL

and the answer is yes the Disable images WAS clicked. ( red face).

thanks to you and in the greater sense this forum for letting me contact people who know what they are talking about :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great. Have fun and visit us often. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.