convert .avi movie file to .TS or mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.9 Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
When I had a G4 laptop I was able to convert ANY video file to darn near anything.
With my new Mountain Lion [10.8.2] iMac none of my video converters are
functional. NONE of them work.
I am talking about FREEWARE here and not high-priced software. Has anyone found a converter that will accommodate my needs? FREEWARE is much preferable. Thanks in advance-
John
platterpile:\

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are several programs that will work including several that are in the App store. You might give HandBrake or MPEG Streamclip a try.

C

chas_m

I paid for iFFmpeg because it does everything I want it to and very well. $12.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.9 Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB
;);)
There are several programs that will work including several that are in the App store. You might give HandBrake or MPEG Streamclip a try.

MPEG Streamclip does the job well enough and I went with that after hours of trial and error!
It works well enough and is fast-
Thanks to ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.