system restore

Reaction score
I want to know how to do a system restore with mac similar to windows..if it is possible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you got a time machine backup running

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no system restore in OS X like the one in Windows because there is no need.

Don't have the driver issues you do with Windows that might cause you to roll back drivers.
And, applications in general, do not write to system folders the way everyone of them do in Windows.

OP
P
Reaction score
I opted to go with a free trial for microsoft office for mac and now I've decided I don't want it and I can't trash it without my password for the system and I forget it and can't remember where I put my disc's for my mac...any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is no system restore in OS X like the one in Windows because there is no need.

Don't have the driver issues you do with Windows that might cause you to roll back drivers.
And, applications in general, do not write to system folders the way everyone of them do in Windows.

I would disagree somewhat with that statement. True about the driver thing but there are times when having the ability to roll back (via Time Machine) has come in handy. Every so often OSX gets glitches and the easiest and fastest fix is to roll back an hour or a day depending on what the issue is and to move on.

For the OP, if you haven't been running Time Machine (or some other solution) as a back up you are pretty much out of luck.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I would disagree somewhat with that statement. True about the driver thing but there are times when having the ability to roll back (via Time Machine) has come in handy. Every so often OSX gets glitches and the easiest and fastest fix is to roll back an hour or a day depending on what the issue is and to move on.

For the OP, if you haven't been running Time Machine (or some other solution) as a back up you are pretty much out of luck.

I agree - that's why I added the "in general" part. ;)

Although, I think I've used TM to roll back some mis-adventure perhaps 2 or 3 times over the last 5 years or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.