Stupid question about pouring milk on your keyboard.

Reaction score
Ok, it's not a MAC question but you guys have been so great for info for my MAC I figured I would throw this out here.

My son (he's 15) is a gamer and actually built his own computer. Anyway he has some trickie ****ie keyboard and he spilt milk on it. It stopped working, he pulled it apart and mopped up the milk and put it back together and still, only a few keys worked. I had him pull it apart again and it looked perfect, there was nothing. I took a damp cloth and wiped down the sheets of plastic that the buttons touch and dried them off. Then left it apart to completely dry out, even though I saw nothing. After a few days he puts it back together telling me all the time how it's a waste of time and it will never work, you guessed it, it works.

So we are stumped, why didn't it work when we first pulled it apart, it looked spotlessly clean inside.

Brian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The obvious answer is that it wasn't completely dried out the first time even though it appeared to be.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok, it's not a MAC question but you guys have been so great for info for my MAC I figured I would throw this out here.

It's also not an "Apple Desktop" question!;)

Thread moved to more appropriate location.

- Nick

p.s. A possible answer to your question...initially everything wasn't completely dry.

OP
M
Reaction score
The obvious answer is that it wasn't completely dried out the first time even though it appeared to be.

Yeah, that was the obvious answer for me to but we are dealing with a 15 year old so I thought there may be something more he could be told. :D Thanks guys.

Brian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, I hear you. :) I remember when both my kids were teenagers....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tell him he/she broke it and to save up for their own computer.

OP
M
Reaction score
This was his computer, and as I mentioned he even made it! He planned it out and did all the studying and we bought (some gifts, some his money) all the components from on the net and local stores and he assembled it, I was pretty impressed actually.

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.