Photostream

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPod, iPad, and Mac user at work and home
I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone and I have Photostream turned on. I feel like I should delete photos from my Photostream once they're downloaded to my iMac.

Is there an easy way to see if photos exist in both places so that I can easily delete the duplicates?

Thanks for your help,
radiomother

C

chas_m

They're not duplicates, and they will "fall off" on their own over time.

Relax and don't worry about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone and I have Photostream turned on. I feel like I should delete photos from my Photostream once they're downloaded to my iMac.

Is there an easy way to see if photos exist in both places so that I can easily delete the duplicates?

Thanks for your help,
radiomother

Once you pull them to an album in iPhoto you can delete them from photo stream. Best part is you can delete them from photo stream either in iPhoto or on your phone and they will be deleted everywhere, including the cloud. I have found it best, however, to delete them from iPhoto since it's database only updates when the app is open. Your iPhone will update on it's own whenever it's on wifi. Since i have wifi at home my phone just updates real time as I delete photos via iPhoto.

If you're not using iPhoto then once you sync your phone you can delete them from photo stream on your iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.