Sharing a awesome App that streams non-mp4/m4v files to your Apple TV !!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have just come across this App called Beamer for Mac - AirPlay any movie from your Mac to Apple TV that streams non-apple codecs to your AppleTV.

I downloaded the App and trialed it watching a movie for 15 mins (Has a 15 min trial) and done a amazing job. I tried .avi and .flv and it didnt stutter once, the video playback and audio where in perfect sync and i was totally blown away to the point i just outlayed the $15 AUD for it.
Have come across other Apps that claim to do this, but this is at the top of the mole hill and if you purchase it, you wont be dissappointed at all.

I just wanted to share this, because if you are like me, and have some lenghty “other” video formats that you cant be bothered at the moment to convert them, then this App is for you..

Reading on their site, if you have a idea for future update, the Devs are happy to hear from you, and sounds like they have some good updates in the pipeline, like support for surround sound :)

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Excellent find. Thanks!

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Your welcome baggss. . . .

How have you found it ?? Good enough to purchase ??

I found there is nothing i have chucked at it that it doesn’t play which in all honesty, surprised me.
What i have found though, (and have emailed the Dev’s, which i got a reply) is sometimes, when i have used my Apple Remote to rewind the movie to under 30 seconds that i get a spinning wheel that makes the App unresponsive. If i rewind more than a 30 second block then i have seen no problems.

All in all, im stoked i found this and wonder why something like this that seems so simple hasn’t been out in the wild earlier ?!?!? Meh not going to loose sleep over it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm out of town on business right now so I've not had a chance to test it out yet. Once I get back and then set up my new iMac I'll give it a whirl!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.