Garageband Jam Packs or Logic Express 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
So I attended a Garageband workshop my local Apple store yesterday. I've messed around with Garageband a few times, made my 1st, 2nd and 3rd song(s) and even plugged my guitar into my Powerbook and recorded a couple of riffs.

Here is my question:

Would I be better off buying Logic Express or buying multiple Jam Packs to expand my sound loop selections?

Since 3 Jam Packs would cover the cost of Logic, I'm not sure what the best option is..

Thanks if advance for your suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
what's logic?

Reaction score
I think if you really get into music creation you'll very likely end up using logic express/pro. I was hooked on garageband but I'm now just beginning with logic and it's very impressive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
MMMII said:
So I attended a Garageband workshop my local Apple store yesterday. I've messed around with Garageband a few times, made my 1st, 2nd and 3rd song(s) and even plugged my guitar into my Powerbook and recorded a couple of riffs.

Here is my question:

Would I be better off buying Logic Express or buying multiple Jam Packs to expand my sound loop selections?

Since 3 Jam Packs would cover the cost of Logic, I'm not sure what the best option is..

Thanks if advance for your suggestions.

Whether you go garageband or logic consider this
Pro Loops

9 gigs worth of loops and sound effects. I love it.

bone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.