17-Inch Apple Studio Display refresh rates

A

apploy

Hello y'all. I hope i hear from someone on here with a better answer than "use the search feature" because i have, and have not found other sources that answer what would be an easy question.

Can anyone tell me the max refresh rate for the older 17" LCD studio displays, the clear ones? Mine is connected to a Windows machine with a DVI video card. I am able to set the resolution to maximum, but when I adjust the refresh rate to 85Hz, the panel does not display anything and I have to reboot the system.

I'd just like to know what the max refresh is for the display, no explanation or new-member bashing please.

Thx
G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
As DTravis7 said it is in fact 60HZ. All of Apples LCD screens have that refresh rate, and almost all other ones are the same

OP
A

apploy

Aww man, i guess i cant play none of those super intense games with this monitor, assuming they all require above 60Hz for faster game play? i guess ill have to stick to my original intentions (photoshop, visual studio, etc.)

thanks y'all for ya help. much appreciated.

G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
apploy said:
Aww man, i guess i cant play none of those super intense games with this monitor, assuming they all require above 60Hz for faster game play? i guess ill have to stick to my original intentions (photoshop, visual studio, etc.)

thanks y'all for ya help. much appreciated.

G.
You can play games just fine with it, the refresh rate is very different for LCDs than CRTs. The refresh rate doesn't matter on LCDs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.