XP-850 printer WiFi connection problems

Reaction score
I have a Mac 10.6.8. I am trying to connect a new XP-850 printer to it by WiFi. The printer will copy ok and scan to a USB on its own, but will not print and scan from the Mac. The Mac states it cannot communicate with the scanner and when trying to scan, the scanner doesn't allow me to connect to the computer. WiFi set up on the printer tells me a connection has been established. Download navigator states there are no updates. Any advice please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
I'm assuming that you've followed the automatic set up routine as described in the user manual but have you got 'Share this printer on the network' checked in System Preferences>Print & Scan ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not all printers all you to scan over wifi. So the first step is to determine if this one can.

If all functions work over USB it suggests the driver and software is working OK.

Can you print?

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,
I had opened printer and Fax but couldn't add my printer. Contacted 'Epson Help' by email. See copy
Everything sorted thanks to Joseph:
In response to your query, I would advise you to remove the printer from the printers list and then re-add it. To remove the printer, go to the Apple Icon and click ‘System Preferences’. Click ‘Print and Fax’. Highlight the printer in the printer list and click the [ - ] delete button. Ensure the printer is connected and turned on and click the [ + ] add button select the printer and click Add at the bottom of the window; when the list populates select the e.g. ‘EPSON123456’ entry to highlight it. Make sure that it has either 'Bonjour', 'EPSON AppleTalk', or 'EPSON TCP/IP' in the 'Kind' column and make sure that the correct Epson printer name appears under Print Using. Then click Add.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Glad you got it resolved :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.