Applications hiding randomly ??

Reaction score
Hi there !

I've been having some problems recently with application windows hiding when a new window opens.

For example : I got a finder window open, I want to drag a movie into itunes, so itunes pops up and the finder window hides in the dock :Grimmace: This happens with every application.

I have looked through my system preferences trying to find out whats up but i cant find anything. Please help me !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
Is it because one window is over the top of the others? If so you could use Mission Control or Command+TAB to go through to the program you want.

OP
D
Reaction score
No its not that. I dont know whats gone wrong but as soon as I launch an app, the app I had open hides. I have skype, word and firefox open, only firefox is not hidden, the rest are hidden automatically and if i wana open itunes, the window i had open will automatically hide itself without me pressing cmd+H.

This is very frustrating when I want to work with 2 windows from different application open at once side by side or over layed

I am not able to over lay the windows, they just hide without being told as soon as a different app opens :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Finder Preferences and see if "Always Open with a New Window" is selected.

OP
D
Reaction score
The only thing that comes close to that in finder preferences is " always open folders in new window " and it was not selected.

Thanks any way buddy !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.