• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie 9 Clip Duration problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac OS X Version 10.6 8
I have iMovie 9 and cannot totally control the duration of my photo clip. When I move on to another photo, having set that photo to say 4.5 seconds, a previous photo changes to whatever it likes!! It's so random!! And so annoying. :( Can you please tell me how I can totally 'Anchor' my clip size/length to be 'Excatly' the length I'd like it to be please.

Thank you.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac OS X Version 10.6 8
Thanks very much cwa107, much appreciated. I did search and search but didn't find the right area. so, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Not sure if it's the same in iMovie 9, but in 11 go into iMovie Preferences>General and tick/untick the Display Time as HH:MM:SS option, then try again. Also, do you have Transitions between your photos? That can also cause changes to another clip.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.