iphoto update from 5.0.4 to 7.1.5

Reaction score
Hi

I just updated my eMac to Leopard 10.5.8.

The reason being is that I store my photos on an external HD and also use my mac book, that runs leopard to access them and iPhoto 7.1.5, and recently updated my iPhoto library and it was now assessable to the mac book, but due to running the older Tiger OS on my Emac I could no longer access the photos through the emac.

So I purchased Leopard, installed it on the emac last night and updated everything it prompted me to update.

I found that it had not automatically updated Quick Time and would not open iTunes either. I downloaded the newer version and it seems to work now.

But the iPhotos do not open.

System profiler says I have 5.0.4 iPhotos 7.1.5

So I am trying to upgrade to the same thing my mac book has, 7.1.5 so they are the same.

I can not find this version of iPhotos any one know where I can find it or a version that will work with OS X 10.5.8

Also, do you think I am on the right path?

I was surprised that when I loaded the new OS it did not upgrade Quick time and i photos??

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you should be able to update both to version 8

iPhoto 8.1

OP
G
Reaction score
ilife

Thanks for the quick reply, I just tried downloading and it said that this does not apply and only applies to iPhoto 8.0 - 8.0.4 part of iLife 09

it looked like an update

C

chas_m

Yes, you do. Hopefully Apple can provide you a copy for a reasonable price, otherwise check Amazon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.