MBP Retina Windows Experience Score

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Not sure if this has been posted before but I was messing about with my Windows 8 bootcamp install earlier and ran the experience thing.
Most of it is good but the big surprise was the ram figure. With 1600MHz ram I was surprised it could only manage a score of 5.5
It is a 32 bit system and it can only "see" 2.17GB - don't know if that's important.
It's the 2.3GHz quad core processor and the Nvidia 650M was running.

Anyway here's a screenshot.

Capture2.PNG

OP
MacDuck
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Interestingly (perhaps) I've run the experience thing again on my Fusion vm with the same 32 bit Windows 8 system and that reports the same for the ram. The processor speed rates 5.7, the graphics reports 6.4 and the disk data transfer rate is 8.2 (which is actually 0.1 faster than in the hard drive install!).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The 32 bit Windows is the problem. The same score will likely occur if you were using Windows 7 x 32 bit. Why don't you install Windows 8 x 64 bit? I realize it will mean a clean install but the overall speed increase and memory usage will be worth it.

(BTW, Windows 32 bit can only "see" approximately 3.3 GB of installed memory.)

OP
MacDuck
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
chscag, I was wondering if that was the problem.
My problem is that the only thing I will be using Windows for is a BMW diagnostic suite of software. One of the software items is not 64 bit compatible.
I've read about 32 bit seeing on 3.3GB of ram. This seems to have deducted the vram as well from what it can see as usable. I think I read it does that.
All in all, for the amount of time I'll be using it it really isn't a biggie. I wouldn't mind seeing how a 64 bit installation ran, but that's not likely at the moment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.