Wi-fi turns airport off?

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i have a 2009 17' MBP and work at macys and when i bring my laptop in to do work, i connect to the macys free wifi, open up new web page and hit accept to their terms. Start to use the internet and any time between 1-30 minutes, airport will shut off and i have to go back and turn it on and hit the accept screen again.

this happens all the time, it never will last more than half hour, usually 10 minutes or less.

does this have to do with macys wifi kicking me off for using too much data or is it something with the MBP?

thanks!

Reaction score
Does it do this anywhere else? I would say that the router at you work is kicking you off because of limits to there free service.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1. I agree with member dawson. Many free WiFi hot spots have user time limits. It seems Macy does also. Some free spots like Starbucks, Panera, and local public libraries are more generous. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.