Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I run OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and was trying to install Mountain Lion. I got an error during the installation process and was told to restart my computer. I did, and got what is apparently called a kernel panic. I looked on the Apple website for their instructions (OS X: About kernel panics) while attempting to enter safe mode by holding the shift key I got the message "no bootable disk - enter the disk and press any button to continue" I did that and nothing happened. I tried to proceed regularly and got the big kernel error screen. I need your help.

OP
T
Reaction score
I boot it up and hold the shift key and get a message "No bootable disk-enter the disk and press any key" I entered the mac os x installation disk and still nothing happens!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well what computer and what operating system?

Pop the disc in, reboot and hold down 'C' and it should boot from the disc if it is a black full retail install DVD or the original disc that came with the computer when new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OS X.6.2 is actually Snow Leopard, not Lion. If you are running Snow Leopard needs to be version OS X.6.6 at least to be able to enter the App Store and purchase Mountain Lion.

If you actually have Lion OS X.7, where did Mountain Lion come from? Did you make a bootable USB thumb drive prior to attempting to run the Installer?

OP
T
Reaction score
I guess it is snow leopard and my brother was helping me torrent mountain lion

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess it is snow leopard and my brother was helping me torrent mountain lion

Your brother did you no favors. We do not discuss illegal activities in these forums. Discussion over, thread closed.

OP
T
Reaction score
I run OS X 10.6.8 and was trying to install Mountain Lion. I got an error during the installation process and was told to restart my computer. I did, and got what is apparently called a kernel panic. I looked on the Apple website for their instructions (OS X: About kernel panics) while attempting to enter safe mode by holding the shift key I got the message "no bootable disk - enter the disk and press any button to continue" I did that and nothing happened. I tried to proceed regularly and got the big kernel error screen. I need your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
What model and year Mac also what amount of ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.