Unable to mount BOOTCAMP partition after ntfs-3g install

Reaction score
Hello, I attempted to search this forum for my answer with no results. I'm sorry if I over looked this answer ahead of time.

I recently partitioned my second drive (Internal SATA) in my MBP for BOOTCAMP. I Partitioned 100gb for Windows 7 and the rest (150Gb?) as a HFS drive that I was attempting to share between OS's.

My problem lies in trying to read the bootcamp partition in OSX. I had installed NTFS-3g which has caused nothing but problems with my BOOTCAMP partition from the beginning, including redundant error messages, so I uninstalled it using "App Zapper" instead of it's actual uninstall option via system preferences. After doing this I can no longer even access this partition with Disk Utility. It shows greyed out and when verified it reports a repair is in order, then when I attempt to repair this partition it informs me I need to re-format it.

I think it is noteworthy that I can boot just fine into Windows 7 without incident, and all three drives (2 drives, 3 partitions) show in Windows 7, But just the HFS partition (half the Secondary HDD) shows in OSX.

I read doing an error check on the bootcamp partition in windows might solve this issue, however it came back with no errors.

I have also re-installed NTFS-3g and uninstalled it via it's own un-install process without any luck.

Any help on even MOUNTING this drive in OSX would be greatly appreciated.

I have added a few screen shots of disk utility as well.

Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 5.39.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 10.40.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 10.40.22 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you partition the drive or did BootCamp? BootCamp does its own partitioning and formatting. The drive needs to be a single partition formatted Mac OS Extended (Journalled) when you go into BootCamp to commence Windows setup. Open BootCamp Assistant and print and read the guidelines.

OP
C
Reaction score
I formatted the entire drive as mac os extended prior to running bootcamp. I then used bootcamp to partition the drive in half for windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.