Odd DSL Connection Behavior

U

usagibrian

Hey, Finally just installed DSL (SBC/Yahoo!). It replaces dail-up on an Airport Extreme. The DSL connection is working. The wireless bridge to the laptop (WIN XP SP2) is working. Skype and most of my Trillian connections (all except hotmail) are working, but I can't browse. Everything I attempt to open in Explorer or Firefox returns "Page Not Available." I've tried both the Ethernet and PPPoE settings on the Airport setup with the same results. I'm sure it's a set up issue, but I have no clue where to go next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Check your DNS settings.

OP
U

usagibrian

Thanks

To give a little more detail for anyone coming in after we with the same problem:

Open the DSL Modem set up page and view the connection information page. Copy the DNS server information located there.

Open the Airport Admin Utility. On the lower right side of the Internet tab are blanks for the DNS server addresses. Click the update button to save the settings.

That solved it for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.