no sound on iPad2

Reaction score
I can get sound out of my iPad2 without problem when I go to any website, like Youtube.

However, when someone sends me an email with an embedded link, that link will not play sound, only video. This is also true for any site that I open through Stumbleapon.com. The volume controls do nothing to bring the sound up.

I can open the website directly, not clicking on the link, but instead through a google search, and it plays sound just fine.

The missing sounds on my iPad2 play just fine on my iPhone and on my Macbook Pro.

How do I get sound from my iPad2?? I have checked all the Sound settings in preferences, and everything is on at max volume.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Do these same tasks play sound when you connect headphones?

Have you performed a hard reset? (hold sleep/wake and home button until screen blanks and Apple symbol appears)

OP
A
Reaction score
ipad2 sound problem

I did a hard reset.... sound does come out of headphones but not out of speakers for videos clicked upon from embedded links in emails or from Stumbleapon.com website.

Sound works just fine when playing anything from itunes or from YouTube directly.

What next??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.