Downloading iTunes from iPhone to MAC

Reaction score
I got a 'new' computer, and it only has the iTunes music that I PURCHASED from iTunes; not the CDs that I downloaded onto my old computer which are also on my iPhone. How do I get those songs from my iTunes iPhone library to my MAC computer? HELP!?!?!?!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need third party software to copy music from your iPhone to iTunes if you no longer have the CD downloads. There are several applications which can do the transfer for you but they are not free. Senuti is one such application and can be purchased from here. ($18.99) Make sure you purchase the Mac version. They also have a trial version that you can download to try out before buying.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for your response! I actually just downloaded iTunes Match onto my computer. Done. However, when I go to turn it on in the settings on my iPhone, it tells me I am not subscribed and have to first subscribe on my computer. Argh... any advice/ knowledge? Thank you! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have an Apple ID yet? If not, you need to create one for yourself before you can subscribe to iTunes Match.

Please read the following Apple KB article which explains about subscribing to iTunes Match: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.