Looking for Win 7 on MBPr on full resolution printscreen

Reaction score
I want to purchase my first mac but i am still using some programs that i don't have on mac. I wonder how does windows 7 look at full 2800x1440 and at 100% default display setting and no custom text size. All 100%. Can anyone please take a printscreen and send it to me or post it here, if that's possible. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I have a 27" iMac that dual boots Windows 7.

It's running at the native resolution of 2560 x 1440 if that's what you're after.

All default settings. Looks absolutely fine.

What are your concerns?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OK.

Well that's either 2560x1600 or 2880x1800 depending on if it's the 13" or 15"

Here's a pretty good article that looks at Windows 7 on the 15" retina at various resolutions and icon sizes.

OP
A
Reaction score
I know that article but it is not what i want. The pictures in the article are not the res. i need, they are scaled down for web. I want to see actually how it looks like. How small are the icons, the text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It may be worth a thread asking specifically for a 15" Retina MacBook screenshot running Windows 7 at Native res. That way a 15" retina Mac owner might spot the thread.

However. Unless you have access to a 15" retina machine you won't be able to view the screen shot at 1:1 to get a accurate idea of scaling

OP
A
Reaction score
It's exactly what i want. A macbook pro retina onwer to send me a print screen and i'll use zoom to make the picture 15.4" on diagonal using my 24" monitor. It's not going to be exact but i'll get some idea on how small things will be. I have pretty good eyesight fortunatly. Thanks for all your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's why I'm suggesting a specifically titled new thread as this one isn't clear that's it's aimed at 15" retina owners

OP
A
Reaction score
I want to purchase my first mac but i am still using some programs that i don't have on mac. I wonder how does windows 7 look at full 2800x1440 and at 100% default display setting and no custom text size. All 100%. Can anyone please take a printscreen and send it to me or post it here, if that's possible. Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do not double post your threads. If you feel the title of your thread does not represent what you're trying to say, ask a Staff member to change it for you instead of posting the same thing again.

I merged your threads together here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Hmm, I have a 15" MBP retina and I have Windows 8, but it's not dual booting, it's in a vm so probably not much use to you.
I've never dual-booted a Mac before so haven't used Boot Camp. I can have a read and see what it entails. I'll get back to you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hmm, I have a 15" MBP retina and I have Windows 8, but it's not dual booting, it's in a vm so probably not much use to you.
I've never dual-booted a Mac before so haven't used Boot Camp. I can have a read and see what it entails. I'll get back to you.

Any fullscreen printscreen at max res. (if you can set the res. of windows 8 separatly) with the desktop and a webpage opened will be very helpful. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Any fullscreen printscreen at max res. (if you can set the res. of windows 8 separatly) with the desktop and a webpage opened will be very helpful. Thank you.

I'll have a look at what's required and burn the Windows.iso to a disc. It'll take some time :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
I'm making the Windows usb flash drive now.
Assuming all goes well, how would you like me to post the screenshot? Or would you like to pm me with an email address? Can I send it full resolution that way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Ok will do. I got into Windows and made a screenshot but couldn't connect to the internet, so had to go back to OSX.
Will email now. This is at 2880 x 1800 and the windows are small :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Hope it arrived ok and was useful to you ;)

I sorted out my BootCamp/Windows installation with the Support Software :Mischievous:

I now have the same Windows 8 Pro in a Fusion vm and a Bootcamp installation on the same MBP - using the same product key! It took a phone call to MS, as the Bootcamp one didn't want to activate, but they sorted it ;)
Result! :Mischievous:

OP
A
Reaction score
Hope it arrived ok and was useful to you ;)

I sorted out my BootCamp/Windows installation with the Support Software :Mischievous:

I now have the same Windows 8 Pro in a Fusion vm and a Bootcamp installation on the same MBP - using the same product key! It took a phone call to MS, as the Bootcamp one didn't want to activate, but they sorted it ;)
Result! :Mischievous:

It was very helpful. Thank you a lot! Here is the picture for anyone who wants to see it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bmkf0gkxl0vwd3/2013-01-11%2002.54.47.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
You're welcome!
And thank you for reminding me to sign up to dropbox :Blushing:
(I may have been the only person in the world without one).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.