Macbook will not charge, battery light not working

Reaction score
I have an early 2008 13" Macbook that recently decided to stop charging anymore.
Basically it works if you plug it in via the AC adapter - the light on the charger is constantly green. Battery is always at 0%, says "battery is not charging". Battery light on bottom of laptop never flickers or lights up at all. If I pull out the cord the macbook shuts off instantly. Very annoying. Below is what is detailed in the system profiler:
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 0
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 0
Health Information:
Cycle count: 1111
Condition: Check Battery
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 5120

I have resetted the SMC - nothing. I downloaded the battery update 1.4 - nothing. For a few months I have rarely used my macbook, this has been happening for about a month. I havent worried about it but uni is starting in a month or so and I may be faced with a frustrating problem.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Your battery is dead! This MacBook's battery was designed for 300 charge/discharge cycles...and your battery has 1111 cycles. Time for a new battery!!!:)

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
Your battery is dead! This MacBook's battery was designed for 300 charge/discharge cycles...and your battery has 1111 cycles. Time for a new battery!!!:)

- Nick

I thought that may be the problem. I have no idea about specifications and system data, obviously. Looks like its off to eBay for a new one. Thank you for your answer :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I thought that may be the problem. I have no idea about specifications and system data, obviously. Looks like its off to eBay for a new one. Thank you for your answer :D

Good Luck!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.