my passport

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance.

I backed up a G4 on my passport.
Now I have a 2008 Macbook.
Is it possible to transport the info from G4?
I connected the passport to Macbook but it doesn't
show up on the desktop.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Does in show up in Disk Utility?

What do you use to do the backup?

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. It did show up on the computer but not on the desktop. I went to the Genius Bar at a Mac store for the first time. They showed me nothing had been backed up. I think I accidentally erased it. I still have the G4 hard drive and hope to return and try it again. I may have even downloaded it wrong and it never backed up in the first place. Life in the slow lane. The Genius Bar is a genius idea and they may be seeing a lot of me there until I'm in the groove. Thank you for being there. Had to send an SOS all the way to UK before I found an answer right here at home in Santa Rosa, CA. Next question will be can I back up both G4 and MacBook on the same passport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Once you get into the swing of things there's no reason why you can't you the same external disk to backup to from two machines.

Glad you're making progress

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:)

It's a blue Lego Team GB Olympic Boxer

Perhaps it's time to update my avatar for the new year

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.