USB port drawing too much?

Reaction score
I know this might be asked a lot but i'm not getting any answers that I desire, so hopefully my wording will answer my question! ( I hope i posted in the right section )
I have a 2011 macbook so my warranty is expired. When i first got my macbook, it would say that the usb drive has been disabled because it was drawing too much power, even though there was only my usb iphone charger connected. I fixed that problem by doing a SMC reset and it has been all well since then. Now, (2013) my hard drive crashed and I had to replace it, but now my USB drive is displaying the same message and not letting my connect my usb cable and it's frustrating to not be able to sync or do anything.. i've tried the SMC reset, but it hasn't work. my battery is built in so removing it is not an option. is there any other alternatives? i hope the usb port isn't fried or whatever, because it was working well before i replaced my hard drive. can anyone tell me what ways to try? i don't want to have to go to the store to get it fixed again because it'll be fairly expensive. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Everything else working okay after you replaced the drive? What operating system, always important, and have you tried Repair Permissions in Disk Utility?

OP
B
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Everything else working okay after you replaced the drive? What operating system, always important, and have you tried Repair Permissions in Disk Utility?

Yes! As far as I can see! My OS is the lion and I just tried the repair permissions, and everything came up okay. :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.