Just Ordered 20" Apple Cinema Disply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I just ordered the 20" ACD and I can't wait to get it. I have been wanting one for a while. It will go along good with my PB. I was debating between the 20" and 23" and I couldnt justify the price difference for what I am going to be using it for. If I were doing some HD video editing then I might of gotten it but I am not. I just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered it and I hope to have it by Monday. I got overnight shipping but I dont know if I got it in too late for it to come tomorrow.

Is there anything that I should do when I get it other than just hooking it up. Will I have to calibrate it or anything. What is some good software so that I can check to see if any pixels are stuck?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will like the display. :) I had the same problem, because of cost I went with the 20". I used the differnece in cost to buy additional memory for my PowerMac.

Reaction score
Dell has a 24 inch display for $879 right now. I have one and love it and am thinking about a second for my office. I'm going to wait to see if the price comes down a little
more next week as this month is the end of their quarter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
mmoy said:
Dell has a 24 inch display for $879 right now. I have one and love it and am thinking about a second for my office. I'm going to wait to see if the price comes down a little
more next week as this month is the end of their quarter.

I never got why phiscal years were like that (granted, Apple's ends in October, of all times).

Anyways, I've been looking into getting one, but the fact that Dell has one that uses the exact same display panel for half the price keeps popping up in the back of my mind.

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I just got my ACD and hooked it up. WOW! I love this thing. I ran Pixel Check and didnt find any dead or stuck pixels (knock on wood). I really like how wide it is. I am glad I only went with the 20" beause it is big enough for me. I cant imagine using the 30". It looks great along side my PB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.