Extract data from broken iPad

Reaction score
Hi

I have an iPad 1 which is sitting on my shelf. its screen is broken. It turns on and I see a black screen with horizontal bright lines of pixels. it's like a damaged LCD monitor. But I can't see it in iTunes. However, I tried a couple of those software to copy files from broken ipad/iphone. With some trouble my iPad was recognized by those software and I was able to copy a lot of files, photos, videos, music, etc but not those in Pages.

I have very important documents on Pages. I thought I had synced my ipad with iCloud but it appears I never did. I have been out of country for more than a year and I've just got back home. I need those files!

Is there any way for me to be able to grab those files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13
Well... without replacing the broken LCD you still have another option. Assuming all of the iPad's hardware is okay, minus the LCD, you could pick up an adapter and cable to connect the iPad to a monitor. If your digitizer is still functioning then, while viewing the iPad on the remote monitor, open the Pages app and export the documents via email. Let me know if you think this will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.