mac pro refit

Reaction score
I am having trouble with one of my memory riser plugs it shuts off software programs, I had to remove one riser and am operating with only one with 8 GB of ram.I was told it would be too costly to fix however I have access to a mac pro 2006 3GHZ 8 cores, and was wandering if i could use it as a host and transfer all I have in my mac pro 2007 model 2,1 3GHZ 8 core into it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

The Mac Pro 2.1 and 1.1 are virtually the same machine so no problems. Is it only the riser that is the problem? They are replaceable and you could use one from the 1.1.

OP
G
Reaction score
the problem is the slot that the riser plugs into, when you refer to install discs what are you refering to and why? If I am switching hard drive for hard drive is there a problem, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
G
Reaction score
I found out it is where the riser pushes into the motherboard, only one slot is working. thanks for your input

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.