Win games in Parallels 8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
How good do Windows games play on MAC OS-X with Parallel's Desk Top? Frame rates etc.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Best gaming is via BootCamp with 64bit Windows 7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I've never found it very good - mainly because the VM doesn't have full access to the video card. If you are interested in gaming with Windows you are much better served by dual booting with bootcamp. You can always point to the bootcamp partition with Parallels - if you want to do something on Windows without rebooting.

It mainly depends on machine - and how low and un-detailed you are willing to put up with. I didn't write down any numbers on my setup but I had a 2009 MBP.

Here is some info on benchmarking Parallels 8 to give you an idea - but they are running a Mac Pro
Parallels Desktop 8 Game Benchmarks, Part 1 — Control Command Escape

edit: too slow (I should make this my signature)

OP
TomServo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I originally Bootcamped my iMAC but deleted the partition thinking I could get along with just OS-X, since I own a 64bit Win7 Home Premium version guess I'll just Bootcamp it again.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.