ipad mini on/off switch

Reaction score
The on/off sleep wake switch on my ipad mini keeps not working and I have to reset the ipad to get it working again, has anyone else had this problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Have you tried it with a smart cover? Does the smart cover turn it on and off? If it does - then it could be a mechanical issue with the switch - and worth bringing it into an Apple Store. If the Smart cover doesn't turn it off either - then it may be software - where it may be worth it to do a clean restore and see if the functionality comes back.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I have a smart cover which doesn't switch it off so I thought it may be a software issue which other users may have experienced. Is a clean restore same as the restore available in settings? If it is then I have done that twice and it works for a while only to stop again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
That restore button is what I am talking about - so you've done as I have suggested.

When you say it works for a while - what do you mean? Do you do a restore from backup that loads all your stuff back onto the iPad Mini? Or do you keep it clean - and then it stops working still? The difference is - I've found that restore from backup will cause the same problems happening - so it is better to reload Apps by hand if you are having problems like this or battery life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I have a smart cover which doesn't switch it off so I thought it may be a software issue which other users may have experienced. Is a clean restore same as the restore available in settings? If it is then I have done that twice and it works for a while only to stop again.

You should try the restore in iTunes. This way you can get a new download of the current iOS. If this fails and you still have the same issue I would take it into an Apple store for further investigation.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks to MoTM and JohnCL for their replies, I have the latest iOS so I will restore from itunes on my iMac and then try the apple store if no luck. Thanks to you both again for your swift replies.
Happy new year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.