Podcast App

Reaction score
Hey guys, so last time I was here I was able to get some good advice, so hopefully this time will be the same as well...

I have a quick question, my "Podcast" app is missing from my utilities folder after I have installed OS X...for the longest time I was running previous OS on my Mac, and I saw the Podcast app all the time in my utilities section, but recently I have updated to OS X 10.8, and after doing so, the app is missing...

I thought I would wipe my drive and then reinstall OS, and that would fix it, but no...it still is not there (me wiping the drive was not only due to missing app lol)

I looked in the app store and you cant download it via that...
I tried doing a general search of all my files, and it does not come up...is it hidden somewhere? Or what happened and how can I fix this...

Thanks once again.

OP
F
Reaction score
I opened it a few time but never used it, but now I need it for work...is that a deciding factor?

C

chas_m

The old Podcast app you're referring to was a Podcast MAKER app, not for listening to podcasts (which is handled by iTunes of course).

See here: Podcast Producer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you need to make a podcast for work, I'd suggest using Garageband, which includes all the needed tools. The program was discontinued with Mountain Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.