Macbook Pro to tv color adjustment

Reaction score
I have successfully connected my MacBook Pro to my Sharp HD tv via DVI to HDMI cable but the color (or tint) is way off. The color on the tv is way too red and too saturated. I can't find an adjustment on my Mac that allows me to change that. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not enough information. What kind of adapter are you using from your MBP? You can not use a DVI to HDMI combo. You either need to use a DVI adapter from the MBP to a DVI cable to the TV or, an HDMI adapter to HDMI cable to the TV. You also need to tell us which MBP you have, year and model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Try System Preferences>Displays, click on the Colour tab for the TV and then the calibrate button. This should bring up a calibration wizard which you can work through and adjust the colours to your liking.

Why can't he use a dvi to hdmi adapter? Apple sell them:
iWires DVI to HDMI Cable - Apple Store (UK)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A single DVI adapter to HDMI cable to the TV is OK. It's the use of two adapters that I was referring to. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.