Making email easier

Reaction score
I have made great progress on my Mac to-day, but have 3 questions about emailing on OSX 10.6. after searching around without success.
1. The Mac insists that the certificate from my ISP is not trusted. I accept and it connects. I do not get that on my PC. Is there any way of killing that irritation for good?
2. Under Windows Outlook Express I set up so that EVERY outgoing addressee (origination or reply) would go to the address book automatically. I cannot find an automatic setting on my MAC. Is it available?
3. A setting on my PC ensured that every email downloaded to the PC from the ISP was deleted at the ISP. In Mac I find that the mail is still at the ISP when I go back to Windows. Is there a setting for this please?
Thanks for any ideas.
Richard

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
1. The Mac insists that the certificate from my ISP is not trusted. I accept and it connects. I do not get that on my PC. Is there any way of killing that irritation for good?
I don't remember the exact wording but there should be an option to always remember the trust that you grant.

2. Under Windows Outlook Express I set up so that EVERY outgoing addressee (origination or reply) would go to the address book automatically. I cannot find an automatic setting on my MAC. Is it available?
You might be able to create a rule for this but that's beyond me at the moment.

3. A setting on my PC ensured that every email downloaded to the PC from the ISP was deleted at the ISP. In Mac I find that the mail is still at the ISP when I go back to Windows. Is there a setting for this please?
Its likely that your Windows email client was set up with POP and Mail is set up to use IMAP. How did you set up your email account?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.