Is this a good deal for an iMac?

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, I just need some opinions.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

$750.00 shipped for:
21.5 inch iMac, late 2009 model
Processor Speed: 3.00 GHz
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Memory: 8 GB

I'm currently using a 2008 macbook with 2 GB ram and a cracked screen. I'll be using it for design work, adobe products will be run all the time. So what I'm looking for is something a bit faster with a better display. I'm not too worried about HD space because I have multiple externals.
is this a good price?

My main concern is that will a late 2009 model still hold up? I'm on a 2008 that has turned to crap over the years, granted it doesn't have as good as a processor and has 1/4 the RAM. I'm just wondering if you guys think it's a decent deal.'

Thanks!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, I just need some opinions.

Do you guys think this is a good deal?

$750.00 shipped for:
21.5 inch iMac, late 2009 model
Processor Speed: 3.00 GHz
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Memory: 8 GB

I'm currently using a 2008 macbook with 2 GB ram and a cracked screen. I'll be using it for design work, adobe products will be run all the time. So what I'm looking for is something a bit faster with a better display. I'm not too worried about HD space because I have multiple externals.
is this a good price?

My main concern is that will a late 2009 model still hold up? I'm on a 2008 that has turned to crap over the years, granted it doesn't have as good as a processor and has 1/4 the RAM. I'm just wondering if you guys think it's a decent deal.'

Thanks!

It's a little on the high side.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mac2Sell if I got the model right says $730.00.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The price is reasonable. Also consider a later model from Apple refurbed. It will be much faster (GeekBenchTest shows nearly twice as fast) and the memory is owner installable. It will come with a full 12 month warranty, upgradeable to 3 years with AppleCare, and eligible for free OS X.8 upgrade.

Refurbished iMac - Apple Store (U.S.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.