viewing angle and contrast on 2009 mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello everyone,

Quick question for you....

I do a lot of photo editing on my 2009 13" MacBook Pro and love it!

One of the only things that is a concern to me is how the contrast of the images change as you tilt the screen. Tilt it one way and the image gets darker. Tilt it the other direction and the images get lighter. Im pretty sure this is prevalent in most lap tops but was wondering if the newer MBP or the iMac have this issue.

I believe there are some tablet type laptops (like Lenovo) that have some type of technology that allows for consistent contrast irregardless of the viewing angle/tilt of the screen. IOW you can tilt the screen and the images still look the same.

Any input you can give me regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

thanks so much,

best always,

rick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The newer MacBook Pro machines and the iMac are not subject to contrast darkening or lighting when viewed from an angle - up or down. The iMac and Apple Cinema display especially have a very wide viewing angle. Apple notebooks to a lesser extent. You need to visit an Apple store and see for yourself.

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
The newer MacBook Pro machines and the iMac are not subject to contrast darkening or lighting when viewed from an angle - up or down. The iMac and Apple Cinema display especially have a very wide viewing angle. Apple notebooks to a lesser extent. You need to visit an Apple store and see for yourself.

Thanks so much for the input! I really appreciate it!

Do you feel that the iMac would be better in this regard than the new MBP Retina in terms of wider viewing angle?

thanks again! :)

best,

rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.