Is there an application that can check for broken aliases in Finder?

Reaction score
I use a lot of aliases in my file system. Many original documents are placed in global repositories and I access them by aliases grouped in "tag" folders. Therefore, when I need to delete such a document, I need to check multiple tag folders to remove the aliases, which pains.

Is there an application that can check for broken aliases in Finder (or preferably, a particular folder)? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I use a lot of aliases in my file system. Many original documents are placed in global repositories and I access them by aliases grouped in "tag" folders. Therefore, when I need to delete such a document, I need to check multiple tag folders to remove the aliases, which pains.

Is there an application that can check for broken aliases in Finder (or preferably, a particular folder)? Thanks in advance.

TinkerTool System can do this. It's not a freebie, but is very reasonably priced. I'm not aware offhand of anything else that can do this.

CapturFiles.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.