Help using CampTune

Reaction score
Hello folks. New around here, and can't say I will be around here much. See I fell into that one "problem" we all get. You know the one. You scour the internet for 5 hours and come to realize that apparently, you are the first person in the galaxy to experience this problem.

But I digress, the question I have regards the Boot Camp program CampTune. I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro. I have had it since 2009. She's served me well.

I have run Bootcamp on it and have Windows 7 64-bit installed on the other side. Now, it's safe to assume that since I have CampTune, I want to re-partition the drives. So, I went for it.

Everything was going smooth until I got some error regarded crossed-files or something. So the program was aborted mid-repartition. I knew it would be a problem. I heard that this could be fixed by "fixing permissions" or something like that, so I did that and everything was holly jolly.

However when I ran CampTune again, I encountered something odd: I had three partitions.

One partition was for Mac. The other was for Windows. The third was titled "free". I am assuming this means that it is 80 something gig of nothingness. I couldn't click anywhere to tell it to be part of windows, or even part of mac. So it's just kinda there.

THE QUESTION:
Anybody know how to fix this? I would like to avoid consolidating the hard drives, re-boot camping and reinstalling everything if I can. I mean, that's why I got CampTune in the first place - to avoid just that.

Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thanks folks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Picture of the Partition tab of Disk Utility would be helpful.

OP
P
Reaction score
Yes sir:

Screenshot2013-01-05at104802AM_zpsfbe3287e.png

See the nothingness?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.