Looking to buying screen protector for my ipod nano 7th gen, have questions

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
The wet application skins - work best with a lot of moisture. I tend to apply them in the bathroom with the shower on full steam - so that there is condensation. I've applied wet to 3 iPads and 4 iPhones with no problems - but I am careful.

That being said - the way these things should work - is you spray the protector, not the device - but it is still a lot of liquid around electronics. I've had no problems so far (knock on wood)

If you are not familiar with the application - I would recommend seeing if your local mall has a Zagg or Ghostshield kiosk - those guys will do the install for you - for a fee - and you can see how it is done.
Find Ghost Armor Locations and Carbon Fiber Skin Installation Kiosks | Ghost Armor

Zagg's search is hard to use - click this link (hopefully you are in the US)
Retail Locations
You will see tx at the end of the link once clicked. Just replace with your state's two letter code to see if there is a kiosk in your state.

OP
H
Reaction score
The wet application skins - work best with a lot of moisture. I tend to apply them in the bathroom with the shower on full steam - so that there is condensation. I've applied wet to 3 iPads and 4 iPhones with no problems - but I am careful.

That being said - the way these things should work - is you spray the protector, not the device - but it is still a lot of liquid around electronics. I've had no problems so far (knock on wood)

If you are not familiar with the application - I would recommend seeing if your local mall has a Zagg or Ghostshield kiosk - those guys will do the install for you - for a fee - and you can see how it is done.
Find Ghost Armor Locations and Carbon Fiber Skin Installation Kiosks | Ghost Armor

Zagg's search is hard to use - click this link (hopefully you are in the US)
Retail Locations
You will see tx at the end of the link once clicked. Just replace with your state's two letter code to see if there is a kiosk in your state.

Another question i have is, the description says, "Smooth, non-sticky surface with patented layer of UV protection to prevent "yellowing" What "Yellowing" is being prevented? The yellowing of the screen protector, or the yellowing of the Ipod screen?

OP
H
Reaction score
Lastly, the screen protectors that use a spray liquid-Are they superior than the sticky screen protectors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
These protectors - if they are cheaply made - can be affected by sunlight. Below is a car protector but it is pretty much the same stuff.
yellowed_3m_bra.jpg

The liquid vs sticky is a debate. If you do it right - the liquid seem easier to install without bubbles - but both are hard to install. There are some - that only stick around the edges for iPads - but I haven't seen anything like that for the smaller screens. Personally - after figuring out the whole - install it in the bathroom with the shower on trick - I find the liquid install to be better - but as I said it is a lot of moisture around electronics.

OP
H
Reaction score
These protectors - if they are cheaply made - can be affected by sunlight. Below is a car protector but it is pretty much the same stuff.

The liquid vs sticky is a debate. If you do it right - the liquid seem easier to install without bubbles - but both are hard to install. There are some - that only stick around the edges for iPads - but I haven't seen anything like that for the smaller screens. Personally - after figuring out the whole - install it in the bathroom with the shower on trick - I find the liquid install to be better - but as I said it is a lot of moisture around electronics.

But if the screen protector description says, "Smooth, non-sticky surface with patented layer of UV protection to prevent "yellowing"," it's talking about the screen protector itself becoming yellow, right? If that's the case, i don't really care, as long as the screen is fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.