Trying to install OS X on imac g3 400, wont let me...

D

Dennis L

im trying to install os x panther on my imac g3 400, i partitioned it into one 7.7gig for os x install, and the rest for all the other stuff...its at the installer but both partitions bring up the same message "you cannot install mac os x on this volume. you can not start up your computer using this volume" what way do i partition it so that i can install os x? i just got done putting it back together because i put the 80gig HD in it , and now its not letting me install os x...please help

OP
B

Badger

How did you set the jumpers on new HD? It sounds like it is set to slave instead of master or cable select.

OP
D

Dennis L

Badger said:
How did you set the jumpers on new HD? It sounds like it is set to slave instead of master or cable select.
its set on master, i checked it on my linux pc first (after i disconnected the linux drive though)

OP
D

Dennis L

ok i fixed it, had to take it apart ... the jumper came loose and fell off the pins...os x is now installing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.