do i need a separate appleID and password for itunes store, icloud and app store apar

Reaction score
do i need a separate appleID and password for itunes store, icloud and app store apart from my admin login and password?
i cant access to those applications by typing the usual apple ID and password
apple site says it is possible but i cant seem to login the `purchase` via app store

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
An "Apple ID" is not the same as the "admin login and password" on your computer.

The first allows you to log in to all of the Apple run sites.
The second allows you to log into your user account and use the software on your computer.

The same as your "admin login and password" did not allow you to log in to this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
ah yes, the ID itself is not your administrator login and password, but once you have it, it's the same for all the stores.

There is actually a process to set up your Apple ID, including entering your credit card info and other personal information. If you don't remember doing that, then you didn't create one. There should be an option to create one when it asks for your Apple ID.

OP
M
Reaction score
An "Apple ID" is not the same as the "admin login and password" on your computer.

The first allows you to log in to all of the Apple run sites.
The second allows you to log into your user account and use the software on your computer.

The same as your "admin login and password" did not allow you to log in to this forum.

right
i followed what u said but now it asks me to enter my credit card number which is non-existent
i dont have it
but i wanna get the applications back (iPhoto, iMovie and garageband) since i had to have the display changed due to hinge issue at tech service
what shall i do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
What happened to those applications? Did someone else use their Apple ID? I don't think you can create an Apple ID without a credit card.

OP
M
Reaction score
What happened to those applications? Did someone else use their Apple ID? I don't think you can create an Apple ID without a credit card.

well those applications were built-in when i purchased it a month ago but since i had my display changed and m.lion upgraded (there was a defect hinge and was told by tech service to change it) it all got lost, so i am basically left without any applications
researched online and watched a tutorial video about creating an apple ID without a credit card but it seems dated, apple removed `none` button next to credit card section thru registration window and now it has been locked and no one can enter the app store without registering the credit card
what am i supposed to do?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Purchased it where? New - Used?

If new and you never registered this computer, try this link.

OP
M
Reaction score
Purchased it where? New - Used?

If new and you never registered this computer, try this link.

i bought it from zurich, switzerland, and i am an expat living in Istanbul, turkey
and after i entered the site u suggested, i didnt type anything in Apple ID and Password spaces since i have only an admin account on my mbp
dont mean to be ignorant (have recently started using apple), shall i register via this site to create an apple ID? sorry i am being extra cautious
https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/W...g=en_AP&returnURL=https://register.apple.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was it new or used?

OP
M
Reaction score
Was it new or used?

it was brand new, i unboxed it but there was a hinge problem at the beginning and as i had mentioned i got it switched with the new one
now i have another issue about clicky hdd but i ll solve it some time later as i am flooded with some many issue, just wanna get the things going on first

registered (for the first time) thru the site u gave me and it is been verified
have entered the ID and password successfully but after clicking REVIEW as opposed to CANCEL i ve been redirected to the same page where credit card is, it wont proceed without having me write the credit card numbers:(
any other solution?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just leave it blank and hit continue.

And if it has been verified by Apple, you should have an email from Apple to verify the account.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
M
Reaction score
Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

If that doesn't work, don't know what else to tell you aside from maybe purchasing a $10 iTunes gift card and using that for the registration - assuming they have them available for Turkey.

And if you reached the point of seeing a "Verify your account" screen, then you need to check your email.
i got away from credit card and security thing thru one message board by doing something via icloud and it worked, i can access and download free apps but not garageband, iMovie or iPhoto

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't know how to recover those if you don't register the computer the first time it's turned on. Have read that folks here in the U.S. have been able to call Apple and gain access to those apps.

Now that you have the Apple ID, you might try the link I had above for registering your computer and see if that will gain you access to all the original software. This time around you'll be able to use your new "existing" Apple ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.