MacBook Air 2011 Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2011 Intel Dual Core i5 Intel HD Graphics 3000 4GB RAM 128 SSD
Hi, I recently bought a second hand MacBook Air 2011, it was virtually brand new.

When I bought it I ran some quick tests on it, the battery had around 180 odd cycles. It now has 191 cycles and I am wondering:

a. How long should my battery be lasting at this state?
b. When does my battery need replacing (or does it?)

Thanks in advance!

-minecraftman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi minecraftman,

Can you do this one thing please and then see what the figures are afterwards...it might just need recalibrating.

Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

EDIT Whoops I'd no idea that batteries in the Macbook Air cannot be recalibrated!! :) they are apparently 'pre-calibrated'

Still if you have a look here http://www.apple.com/batteries/ this will give some brief background. I'm only speculating here but you might have introduced a more efficient charging regime henceforth the improved 'remaining' cycle count. That figure is normally plotted against the battery's full charging capacity falling to around 80%...it's not going to just stop working when it falls below that capacity.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 2011 Intel Dual Core i5 Intel HD Graphics 3000 4GB RAM 128 SSD
Thank you very much anyway. (I see your name is pendlewitch... I ski twice a week at Pendle Dry Ski Slope!!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much anyway. (I see your name is pendlewitch... I ski twice a week at Pendle Dry Ski Slope!!!)

Lol! This is really a small world..I just had a PM from another member who is also very close...perhaps we should form a coven?;)

I dabbled with skiing for a while and went to Les Gets several times which was fantastic...you're more likely to see me out and about with my Pendle Forest Cycling Club kit on though..I'm more comfortable on a bicycle.

Cheers,
Liam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Lol! This is really a small world..I just had a PM from another member who is also very close...perhaps we should form a coven?;)

I dabbled with skiing for a while and went to Les Gets several times which was fantastic...you're more likely to see me out and about with my Pendle Forest Cycling Club kit on though..I'm more comfortable on a bicycle.

Cheers,
Liam
Lol, I'm that other member and the last time you tried that, pendlewitch, you all got burned at the stake!!! I'll pass :D
Sadly my aging knees can handle neither cycling nor skiing :[
Can just about manage golf on a good day :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

minecraftman did - and so did the website
Pendle Ski Club

But I'm guessing it is dry in the academic sense being North England.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Just joking, dry is a relative term when we talk about the north of England in recent times :D
But I get your point :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lol, I'm that other member and the last time you tried that, pendlewitch, you all got burned at the stake!!! I'll pass :D
Sadly my aging knees can handle neither cycling nor skiing :[
Can just about manage golf on a good day :D

Ha ha..you're right.. we've just had the 400 year 'celebrations' http://www.pendlewitches.co.uk ...cycling is not bad on the knees BTW...golf I can do too :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.