Facetime help between iPad 2 and Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 and a Macbook Pro and my husband just bought a Macbook Pro. We are trying to communicate via Facetime from my iPad to his MBP and having trouble. We are using the same Apple ID on all three devices but a different email address on each. I am able to call my MBP from my iPad but when I try to call his MBP from my iPad, Facetime rings but there is no accept or decline button and it says "null" at the top of the Facetime window. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm finding very little info about this online and have tried to figure it out for myself with no luck.

Also, when I click his email address to call him, there is no blue camera icon next to it.

OP
P
Reaction score
I also just tried calling my husband using my son's iPad 3 and it worked just fine. I checked his settings vs mine and they seemed to be the same, other than the fact that he has a different Apple ID. I've tried calling my iPad from my husband's MBP and it says that I'm unavailable to call using Facetime. This is so frustrating!

C

chas_m

The problem is that all three devices are set to accept calls on the same Apple ID, which is impossible, so that's why you're getting the nulls.

Edit the profiles on each device's Facetime preferences to accept calls ONLY from the distinct email addresses. That way, there is no conflict.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.