Help: Internet misbehaving (ssl and invalid url) errors

Reaction score
Hello, it's been for over an year now that I've been having an issue with my browsers (all of them, chrome, firefox, opera and safari) regularly.

Both Facebook and Tumblr simply start giving me errors when I try to get into the website and, when working, load slowly. When the error is by Facebook on Chrome it shows me a SSL error message and this is what I get:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17425265/Pics/Bug/02.png

On Tumblr I get an invalid url message, which is the same as Facebook shows on Opera, on this screenshot:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17425265/Pics/Bug/01.png

Now, sometimes I can fix this by alternating browsers but when all are giving me this problem, I can only fix it by cleaning my cookies and cache through CCleaner or by flushing the dns through the terminal.

But sometimes, even if the problem is solved, 5 minutes later it's there again, happening. On Tumblr it's quite a nuisance because I run a music production blog and it's a very active one. On Facebook I can just go into the mobile website m.facebook.com and it loads normally.

Anyway, this happens only when I'm home, it loads normally when I'm anywhere else (school, job, etc). I reseted my router two days ago and the problem was solved for a day, but started happening again the day after.

For some reason it's been happening at an absurd rate lately, every 10 minutes or so, and I assume that it's because I've been torrenting stuff - using my internet more.

I don't think there are any other details that I can provide, I use my MacBook Pro for music production and entertainment (YT, Fb, etc) only, and I know little or nothing about programming or the "deep" part of computers.

Thanks a lot for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Anyway, this happens only when I'm home, it loads normally when I'm anywhere else (school, job, etc). I reseted my router two days ago and the problem was solved for a day, but started happening again the day after.

Thanks a lot for the help

i think there are something wrong with your network configuration, or maybe you have obsolete router,

have you tried to contact your internet service provider ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.