OSX Install Error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.25GB Ram, 1.33GHz Processor
Hopefully someone can help me here, I'm trying to install OS X 10.5 on my PowerBook G4. It goes through the entire process (slowly I may add) and then it gets to the checking if the disc is okay or whatever screen, and it says the disc is damaged, it has a tiny scratch on it, and I'm not sure if you can get this disc anymore?

help please. :(

Computer Specs:
PowerBook G4, 12" 1.33Ghz, 1.25GB of ram.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Powerbook G4 probably came pre-installed with Tiger so I'm assuming the Leopard DVD is a retail version. A new retail version of Leopard is going to be expensive, usually it sells for around $100 US on eBay. You may be able to repair the scratch on the Leopard DVD if it isn't too deep or wide. There are kits that are sold which purport to be able to repair scratches, however, I have no experience using them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.