A couple of questions -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
Hello,

I've tried to post these questions in other areas of mac-forums with not even a single reply. So, I'm giving this forum a shot since I've had good luck from the kind folks here. Sorry for the length.

1. I burned some songs from my son's iTunes account onto a cd. Then tried to rip those songs to my iTunes account. When I put the CD in, all of the song and album titles, etc. appear to be in German? I haven't tried other legit cds to see if it does the same thing.

2. Each member of my family has their account on the mac. The kids are users, wife and I are admin. Is there a way to share files between accounts without loading them individually? I have all of our digital photos in my iPhoto account. My daughter wants some of those pictures in her iPhoto account, but not all of them. Spotlight does not find them when I search for them.

3. I installed Shorten for mac from etree.org and it worked fine. Then I installed the OS update to 10.4.4. Now the icon for Shorten appears as a greyed out question mark ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
from your hard drive in finder, go to users. there should be a folder there that says Shared. i would set up a file tree in there where you can share files. as for the CD, does it do that only on your computer, or does it do that on other computers. finally, what is Shorten?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
sharing files - iphoto

Jeremy W said:
Hello,

I've tried to post these questions in other areas of mac-forums with not even a single reply. So, I'm giving this forum a shot since I've had good luck from the kind folks here. Sorry for the length.

1. I burned some songs from my son's iTunes account onto a cd. Then tried to rip those songs to my iTunes account. When I put the CD in, all of the song and album titles, etc. appear to be in German? I haven't tried other legit cds to see if it does the same thing.

2. Each member of my family has their account on the mac. The kids are users, wife and I are admin. Is there a way to share files between accounts without loading them individually? I have all of our digital photos in my iPhoto account. My daughter wants some of those pictures in her iPhoto account, but not all of them. Spotlight does not find them when I search for them.

3. I installed Shorten for mac from etree.org and it worked fine. Then I installed the OS update to 10.4.4. Now the icon for Shorten appears as a greyed out question mark ?

Thanks a lot for your help

hi, i think the only way i know is to have a family .mac account this is very expenisve in my opinion but im not sure how else to do it. you could try to put the files in the users area or folders.

try putting the files in the users areas first though as this is obviously free.

hope this helped

OP
Jeremy W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
Thank you very much for the replies.

I haven't tried the cd in any other computer. I'll have to look into that.

Shorten is a program for working with lossless music files. I don't know if the program is so much important as the fact that my icon for the program has now become a greyed out question mark (?).

Another question. What's the difference between a regular folder, and a smart folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Smart Folders are automatically updating folders. You set criteria and they will automatically add files that meet the criteria when they are added to the computer

OP
Jeremy W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
Thanks again.

I created folders under the Shared folder under Users in the HD. However, when I drag a .jpg file there from my account. Then log in as my daughter. I get an error when I try to open the .jpg file saying that it doesn't recognize the file.

I'm at a loss...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.